Advanced Community Organizing and Leadership Training
WORC is not conducting the Advanced Community Organizing and Leadership Training in 2016.
In this training, you work with skilled instructors with decades of community organizing success to
- Learn successful organizing and leadership techniques
- Strengthen your campaigns and organization
- Recharge your spirit
Sessions combine lectures, small group discussions, role plays, and time to talk about your organizing and leadership experiences.
- Principles and philosophy of community organizing
- Developing winning campaigns through power analysis and leverage
- Negotiating from strength
- Group facilitation and meeting planning skills
- Public relationships and 1-on-1 skills
- Building and maintaining healthy local chapters: lessons from the field
- Lessons in leadership development
How to apply
- Applicant must have participated in WORC’s introductory workshop, Principles of Community Organizing, to be considered for the advanced training.
- WORC network members and staff must contact the Director of their organization and ensure they have his or her support to apply.
- Complete the application online and submit it. Or, you can download the flier and application here to mail to WORC. Include an explanation of why you want to participate in the training.
- WORC will notify you once your application has been approved.
- Workshop fee is $75 for approved WORC network members and staff and $375 for non-WORC member group participants. Fee does not include meals, lodging or travel.
- Application deadline is .
Reserve Your Seat
Space is limited. WORC leaders and staff have priority placement. WORC reserves your space in the training on approval of your application and payment of the fee.